IRM Fert Now Available To Pre-order

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi everyone,

Shipping the ferts from the UK is a sound business decision made by us for many reasons. As Stephen says, they ship to Ireland very quickly indeed with different options available. I’m not sure why it matters so much where they’re shipped from? What matters is the models themselves and that they arrive in excellent condition in quick time. Nothing more.

cheers,

Fran

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Shipping the ferts from the UK is a sound business decision made by us for many reasons. As Stephen says, they ship to Ireland very quickly indeed with different options available. I’m not sure why it matters so much where they’re shipped from? What matters is the models themselves and that they arrive in excellent condition in quick time. Nothing more.

cheers,

Fran

As long as the EU doesn't put a 90% tarriff on A Class imports from the Uk at the end of the year!...🤣

Well we'll still buy them anyway ......actually if that did actually happen - you could claim them into Ireland by using UK as a transit point and its really a china - EU trade. ... 

Please god it will never come that anyway......i hope😉

A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

These are going to be cracking wagons as well, judging by the  samples we have seen,. I think at this stage you lads know your business and markets very well and what the best option you need to take is going forward,  there I said it  (going forward) .

It won't matter to me whether the postmark says an post or Royal Mail , keep up the excellent work guys and thanks for these great Irish models.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It wasn't that long ago that modellers were crying out for high quality RTR Irish wagons. Four lads had the balls to do something about it, and gave us what we wanted, and more. 

Now we have people whining because the models are coming from the UK, and not being despatched from Dublin as with previous releases. Does 2 or 3 days really matter? I've said it before on here. Some people are never happy.

I'll leave there, because I'll probably be banned if I say anymore.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Angry 1

4 hours ago, JasonB said:

It wasn't that long ago that modellers were crying out for high quality RTR Irish wagons. Four lads had the balls to do something about it, and gave us what we wanted, and more. 

Now we have people whining because the models are coming from the UK, and not being despatched from Dublin as with previous releases. Does 2 or 3 days really matter? I've said it before on here. Some people are never happy.

I'll leave there, because I'll probably be banned if I say anymore.   

I have taken some time out from IRM due to a family member being critically ill and when I come back the same crowd are complaining again  At this stage I can only see this as getting personal. I swear if moaning and bitching became an Olympic sport we have some gold medalist prospects here. 

Stephen, Pat, Richie, Fran, you are and have done so much for this hobby and for us modellers and I can say that the majority of us on here won't let the minority continue, it has to stop 

You won't  be banned Jason for telling the truth and expressing what most of us feel about these individuals.

Once again lads chin up don't listen to them.

Rich,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As someone relatively new to this forum I’m aghast at what I’m reading on this thread. Having backtracked, I can only find two posts on the question of where IRM is shipping from that might be construed as negative and while there may be sensitivities and history I’m unaware of, some of the reactions are over the top. I’ve seen some of this in other threads and it seems to me that if we were face to face we would not be saying these things to each other.  Can we have a clean start?

To put the shipping question in perspective, I’m located in the US and received an email from IRM on Thurs Feb 6th notifying me that the “Ferts” I ordered had been shipped. This morning I got an e-mail from DHL notifying that delivery would be by end of day Tues Feb 11th, .Just  five days to deliver from the UK to US, by any measure that is excellent.

I would also comment that it makes perfect sense for IRM to consolidate dispatch of its orders in the UK because it has long been obvious to me that shipping costs from Ireland (particularly postal charges) are exorbitant when compared to the UK. Example it cost 35.00 euro to ship a couple of “Ploughs” from Dublin whereas a similar size parcel from Hattons cost me GBP 6.50.

A positive outcome of shipping from the UK might be a reduction in shipping costs.

• Like 5

Hi everyone,

if we could move on now and leave this thread for the discussion of the models themselves when they arrive with you all next week it would be much appreciated. Once all the pre-orders are cleared early next week the remaining stock will go on sale which we will inform you about here and elsewhere (Facebook, email etc)

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Glenderg said:

In advance of these ladies arriving, Fran let me rob a pair for "interfering with".

Rugby on the wireless, house quiet, one of life's simple pleasures. Here's a taster, but I'll have a full "how to" next week if you fancy dipping your toe into weathering.

The beauty of this process is that an airbrush etc. is not required, and is completely reversible, even when everything has dried. 

Richie. 

Edit - the body and chassis is normally a single component, but my 4 year old wanted to see it, hence why it's in 2 parts... 

IMG_20200208_142531.jpg

IMG_20200208_152810.jpg

IMG_20200208_170431.jpg

Looking forward to seeing  this happen  as they look fantastic.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, popeye said:

These will look great weathered, beautiful, can't wait.

The pallet loads look amazing.

So if the top bars can be removed the loads can be taken out, cool. :Happy1:

Popeye, 

When we were designing the wagon, this was critical that folk could remove the loads if they wanted to run "empty". The top L channel is push fit for this reason, just requires some delicate handling to remove it.

There's a bit of fun and games taking out the restriction bars in the two central bays, but shouldn't be a problem to seasoned warriors like yerself! 

Richie 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 7:57 PM, Glenderg said:

In advance of these ladies arriving, Fran let me rob a pair for "interfering with".

Rugby on the wireless, house quiet, one of life's simple pleasures. Here's a taster, but I'll have a full "how to" next week if you fancy dipping your toe into weathering.

The beauty of this process is that an airbrush etc. is not required, and is completely reversible, even when everything has dried. 

Richie. 

Edit - the body and chassis is normally a single component, but my 4 year old wanted to see it, hence why it's in 2 parts... 

IMG_20200208_142531.jpg

IMG_20200208_152810.jpg

IMG_20200208_170431.jpg

Lovely work, Richie. If you can manage it, a full how-to would be much appreciated!

• Like 3

Yea, Fert wagons arrived in the post this morning. Beautiful wagons, classic. They run free as a bird (ie not a hint SAS). These seem the best yet from team IRM. Nice touch leaving the couplings off in an accessory bag. Makes fitting Kadee's quicker and easier. 👍 

IMG_4726.jpg

IMG_4727.jpg

IMG_4728.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Broithe said:

The wheel is on a middle door there - did they vary?

Hi Jim,

Yes they did indeed, doors were removed, repaired, and put back on in a a bit of an adhoc manner. 

We are still blasting through pre-orders here, thank you for your patience. We will have the balance on sale later this week and will have news of when in the coming days.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Jim,

Yes they did indeed, doors were removed, repaired, and put back on in a a bit of an adhoc manner. 

We are still blasting through pre-orders here, thank you for your patience. We will have the balance on sale later this week and will have news of when in the coming days.

Cheers!

Fran

Phew!

I was just looking up defibrillator locations....

• Funny 1

On 2/8/2020 at 6:58 PM, Warbonnet said:

Once all the pre-orders are cleared early next week the remaining stock will go on sale which we will inform you about here and elsewhere (Facebook, email etc)

Cheers!

Fran

Phew! I thought I'd missed out on the chance to pick these up, after just checking the IRM site 

On 2/8/2020 at 12:24 AM, BosKonay said:

Hi Railer,

7 seems unlikely given that everything is shipped either next day DPD if you are going for paid shipping or Royal Mail 48 hour tracked otherwise. The worse we've seen to date has been 4 working days, with full tracking and visibility so if you've seen 7 days or more recently, please PM me the details so I can investigate.

In terms of 'why UK' accurascale now accounts for 90% of all our revenues and is literally paying for the irish models - which is great news for Irish models as we've a very exciting roadmap of same coming in 2020! The small tradeoff is that its also cheaper for us to centralise warehousing in the UK and cheaper for us to send parcels from Peterborough, than from Dublin!

im amazed thats its cheaper to post from uk to ireland than ireland to ireland i can understand rational of a central warehouse but hope that brexit does not cause an extra customs charge on us all next year

35 minutes ago, mphoey said:

im amazed thats its cheaper to post from uk to ireland than ireland to ireland i can understand rational of a central warehouse but hope that brexit does not cause an extra customs charge on us all next year

Royal Mail and DHL and even DPD see more competition in the UK, so prices are lower. We've reduced our average per parcel ship cost by almost a half by moving all operations to the UK.

Additionally, at the moment Our items attract no tariffs anywhere under WTO rules, so just like we don't pay any duty or customs charges bringing stock into the UK or Ireland from China, there will never be any such charges between Ireland and the UK for these items.

We also have an additional contingency plan in place with our logistics partner, to move stock to the EU should the situation deteriorate over time.

In the mean time, we can offer a cheaper, faster, better service !

5 hours ago, mphoey said:

Re customs and Brexit, I was thinking that myself Especially when I saw the invoice in the form of a sticker on the box of the container wagons.

What will the impact be as you will have to declare each shipment sent from outside the UK into Europe and have it cleared through customs, and Irish Vat paid on same, dss. Of course the UK Vat won't apply so will be discounted but defo a cost to the end user. Luckily I will be able to customs clear my own!! 

Just now, Georgeconna said:

Re customs and Brexit, I was thinking that myself Especially when I saw the invoice in the form of a sticker on the box of the container wagons.

What will the impact be as you will have to declare each shipment sent from outside the UK into Europe and have it cleared through customs, and Irish Vat paid on same, dss. Of course the UK Vat won't apply so will be discounted but defo a cost to the end user. Luckily I will be able to customs clear my own!! 

As above should Britain eventually leave the EU from a Vat point of view all of our euro orders would shift to originate in the EU rendering any such worries null :)

we do our best to make life easy for you guys.