Murphy Models 121

Rate this topic

WT CLASS 2-6-4T No. 4

It is not right, he has done so much for the Irish RTR market with his fantastic models, I am thankful for all his efforts and also anyone that is able to bring Irish RTR models to the market. I bet it is a lot more difficult than what people may think. Without him we would not have had the fantastic baby GMs, 201s, 071s, cravens and mk2s and the upcoming 121's give the man a break. 

Edited by mmie353
my bad
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, irishthump said:

Just looking at the drawings and the position of the steps at each end, I wonder will this model have trouble on really tight radius curves and points?

The great man told me on Saturday that it was a design challenge but he has it sorted, so should be golden! :)

And agree with above sentiments, the amount of work that goes into this is insane, and the flak has been very sad to see. The man is an absolute legend and deserves credit for the growth of this hobby in this country over the last two decades and beyond. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

The man is an absolute legend and deserves credit for the growth of this hobby in this country over the last two decades and beyond. 

Many people kept the embers glowing for years - MIR, etc - but it was Saint Patrick who fanned it into the flames that we all feel the warmth of now. :bishopbrennan:

• Like 6

PS: It would have been nice to learn this from Murphy Models own web site rather than an email from hatton's. IRM are excellent a publicising production dates and delivery schedules. MM web site no new information. But a minor trifle as the models I'm sure will be superb and thats what counts at the end of the day.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

It's sad to read that folks elsewhere have been so critical.  This wonderful gentleman has over 20 years of superb contribution to the Irish model railway scene.  He has had highs and lows and has kept the lamp shining.  For me he kick started the hobby and raised the bar such that UK and American modellers admire his standards.  He has done his bit and much more.  He has no need to be afraid of anything anyone might say about him and those who criticise his efforts should hang their heads in shame.  Well done PM and thanks for the models.  Looking forward to running my 121.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, DART8118 said:

It's sad to read that folks elsewhere have been so critical.  This wonderful gentleman has over 20 years of superb contribution to the Irish model railway scene.  He has had highs and lows and has kept the lamp shining.  For me he kick started the hobby and raised the bar such that UK and American modellers admire his standards.  He has done his bit and much more.  He has no need to be afraid of anything anyone might say about him and those who criticise his efforts should hang their heads in shame.  Well done PM and thanks for the models.  Looking forward to running my 121.

I couldn’t agree more!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

And agree with above sentiments, the amount of work that goes into this is insane, and the flak has been very sad to see. The man is an absolute legend and deserves credit for the growth of this hobby in this country over the last two decades and beyond. 

in 2015 when I bought my kids a train set in portlaoise, i saw for the first time the glass shelves loaded of lord Murphy Models, that's exactly what inspired me to buy one and get into trains in the first place and end up here annoying the rest of you on IRM.  ;)

Every time i run his models i find happiness, they masterpieces.

who are these internet trolls bad mouthing mr M.??? i will tie them down on my 00guage and run high speed over them back and forward with my very powerful silverfox 121, i wouldnt waste the power of MM 201 on such fools... Murphy Models are wonderful.... thank you Mr Murphy,  thank you IRM for carrying the baton on.

• Like 1

Troops

I reckon these yokes will be nearer €200 than €150

There is no price yet from MM as he has not signed off on the model and its only then that he gets his bill from China

He pays in filthy Dollars, and Euro v Dollar is going down the pan atm.

As already stated Hattons have generated their price from a MM announcement to all his retailers, and I can guarantee it will be altered before they are offered for sale

• Like 2

Why would anyone bad mouth Paddy? Things may take longer to come to fruition than we would like but when the product lands it is always worth the wait. My only gripe is that the wife only has two kidneys that I can put on Ebay. I could put the whole lot of her up but people ALWAYS want photos and well, err, there's the rub. I could learn how to do Photoshop but then buyers are fussy when the item does not look remotely like the description photos.

So Paddy if you are reading this, if you think you have problems dealing with your supplier in China...

Anyway how do we  go about getting Leo to have a referendum for a "St Paddy Murphy day"?

Edited by spudfan
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

What ever the price is I don't really care. The wait is nearly over and I am looking forward to these models I love the prototype. The enjoyment of having these fantastic models is priceless in itself.

As for bashing the man about time constraints on here and other forums there has been one man at the forefront of it,and we all know who it is so enough said. Can't wait to double head with a 141-181. With IRM A class  MM121 more wagons it's going to be a smashing year folks.

Rich,

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedRich said:

129 as wel in IE excellent. I'll be able to keep 124 and 134 permanently double headed then. I think 133 had the two cab window's at the bonnet side blanked out also in IE livery.

Rich,

Not 133. 123 and 131 were the pair other than 124 and 134 to get refurbished. 131 was the first and differed in some details from the others. A fire put paid to 131 and 123 seems to have had electrical issues and ended up as the inchicore Works Pilot for a long while.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

CIE original Grey livery.  MM0121 MM0135

CIE Black, white stripe.   MM0125 MM0131

CIE Supertrain  MM0126 MM0132

IR  MM0127 MM0130 MM0133

IE  MM0124 MM0129 MM0134

Thanks Dave for your continuing and informative updates  :tumbsup:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...