IRM CIE 20ft Container

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

1093730865_20_Container_Render02.thumb.jpg.6ec805ef3a0718b5a2a50bca7b1b43c3.jpg
Our progress on 'project 42' continues apace, with CAD currently working through our Weedsprayer pack.

One element required for the weedsprayer is the humble CIE 20ft container. These were once a common sight across the country, on the back of CIE trucks, in freight yards and of course on CIE liner trains. We will also be offering these on 42ft flats for liner trains and we may sell them separately.

Should we sell them separately? Comment below and let us know!
1197076256_20_Container_Render01.thumb.jpg.9d15fd60bf6d562e04edf1468feaf101.jpg

• Like 7
  • WOW! 3

Yes please !  Good for adding to  flats and as yard clutter. 

Hopefully tanks will be available as well .

Would unpainted ones or in flat white with minimal numbers be possible suitable for the modelers to adapt and weather be an option.

hopefully the weedspray GSV up next.

Cheers

Robert  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Would unpainted ones or in flat white with minimal numbers be possible suitable for the modelers to adapt and weather be an option.

Cheers

Robert  

Sadly such undecorated models dont sell well Robert, but each container we do per pack will have a different identity, and they will be different to the containers on the weedspray and on the flats, so lots of unique numbers. 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 3

7 hours ago, popeye said:

Yes, containers separately. CIE, B & I, BELL etc. :D

Yes, would take all of the above especially B&I. Perhaps dropping the container CAD/ model onto existing rtr CiE truck model to see if they would seat correctly?

4 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

"Build it and they will come"

I think thus would apply to other items also even  back to 50s era era coaching stock. ... some background on the significance of the model with some good photos of the prototype in use will greatly encourage interest. Let’s imagine Murphy Modeks had not produced the 141, well, you see the point .

Nice looking model, even before painting. And I’d take some Bedford  trucks too ( in CIE), or a cement truck to go with all those bubbles!

Edited by DiveController
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DiveController said:

Yes, would take all of the above especially B&I. Perhaps dropping the container CAD/ model onto existing rtr CiE truck model to see if they would seat correctly?

And if the truck is wrong and we adjusted the container to suit, it then wouldn't fit on the wagon... ;)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Thanks for the feedback everyone! We can see that these will make a nice additional item for the catalogue! I can see us proceeding with this plan. We will give you an update when it get closer to their place in the production queue.  :) 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone! We can see that these will make a nice additional item for the catalogue! I can see us proceeding with this plan. We will give you an update when it get closer to their place in the production queue.  :) 

Weedspray coach too......................

To mark the last year of the train in action.

Edited by Railer

41 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

I heard something about today being the last day of the Loco hauled weedspray, any more info?

I believe that this is the last weedspraying season for the traditional weedsprayer and an MPV takes over. 

1 hour ago, Noel said:

B&I would be nice from IRM or C-Rail. After BELL it's a missing link. 

We are working with C-Rail to do a run of B&I containers for our liner wagons which we announced previously. C-Rail are providing Bells for our flats too.:) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

I believe that this is the last weedspraying season for the traditional weedsprayer and an MPV takes over. 

We are working with C-Rail to do a run of B&I containers for our liner wagons which we announced previously. C-Rail are providing Bells for our flats too.:) 

Thanks for info Fran (@Warbonnet). Will you be selling the B&I containers separately?

5 hours ago, Noel said:

Thanks for info Fran (@Warbonnet). Will you be selling the B&I containers separately?

They’re being made by C-Rail as stated previously, so it’s up to them. All I know is that the containers made for our liners, both B&I and Bell, will have unique numbers just for our wagon packs. C-Rail May release additional containers in these liveries but they will have different identification numbers. The Bell containers will also be an earlier pattern of container which has yet to be done by C-Rail and was longer lived in Bell livery.

A couple of things... Broithes puns are getting severe, I may need an innoculation 😛 

Second, the MPV cannot negotiate certain curves on the network, reason why it's parked up in Kildare so often. That's what happens when a narrow gauge manufacturer tries his hand at broad gauge...It'll never become the replacement weedsprayer. 

Third, there are two MK3 coaches below in inchicore slated for conversion to Per Way Duties, which may or may not happen. One was to be a crew van, the other a dispensing wagon, a restaurant and EGV conversion iirc. Last time I spied them they were growing algae....Now, til I get back in my cupboard researching hinges and locking bars on ISO containers and all manner of exciting things...

the Gimp.

• Informative 1

On 5/2/2018 at 5:47 AM, Garfield said:

And if the truck is wrong and we adjusted the container to suit, it then wouldn't fit on the wagon... ;)

I didn't say anything about any major adjustment to the container, just checking to see if the container is compatible with existing models to let people know. Nobody wants to buy it for it to fall off when some minor adjustment, groove, channel or recess on the base would have allowed it to seat correctly.

The containers are designed to the iso standards 1496 & 1161, and all their sub documents, that determine mounting points, lugs, openings, and all manner of exciting things. It's a design nightmare if I'm honest, but it's to the adopted guidelines. 

I strongly suspect that other manufacturers read the same documents and design accordingly. If they don't, designing something that was intentionally incorrect would not sit at all well with us. 

R. 

• Like 2