Project 42 Update

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

16 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Hey DJ, Play that song looks like they were not there for long.

No, indeed.  You'd need to be on the UB40 or reside in China. Wrong time zone here, I'm afraid. Worm has vanished!

Incidentally how is there a waiting list as long as Fran's arm or some combined IRM arm?

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 7:50 AM, popeye said:

The tracking number doesn't seem to work when you click on the link.

This was the same with the Rawie buffers, it did not work either.:confused:

IRM are using the Arrive app so you should be able to track on that too. I haven't used it but I'm about to try that

Incidentally since this was posted over not he other thread I'm posting the link to the remaining 9 container flat bundles  (since Bell Pack A is currently the most limited in quantity)

ADDITIONAL LINERS AVAILABLE!!!

We're delighted to announce that our factory has come up trumps and managed to get us some additional liner stock to us! These are on sale now and are limited in number, so snap them up quick! 

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/…/pro…/container-liner-bundle

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

Right now our liners are beginning to land with modellers and are going down very well! Our limited stock is also fast running out, so don't miss out!

One thing we forgot to include in the box is instructions on how to fit the bag of detail parts. Here is a handy guide if you want to fit the detail parts to your wagons! 

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/blogs/announcements/fitting-detail-parts-to-your-liner-flats

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

On 11/29/2019 at 2:30 PM, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

The liners are leaving China and will be in your hands in approx 2 weeks time! Just in time for Christmas!

Cheers,

Fran

DSCF4498.thumb.jpg.81fbad3645e43aa2275c44b4bcf844a9.jpg

DSCF4485.thumb.jpg.5730559e0924a92eadea7eae6b81c26d.jpg

DSCF4500.thumb.jpg.3b6879e1914234492923509435fb2286.jpg

13 minutes ago, Wexford70 said:

They look great. I notice the bogies look different to the photos of the samples shown earlier in the thread.

Bell.thumb.JPG.f45910ce83b6831fe0343e946a24e06a.JPG

Can you confirm the springs etc are unpainted?

I think that the Tara Mines coloured bogies were just for the unfinished samples.

11 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

The pre production flat used above is actually the one for the spoil train as it was a slightly different shade we had to approve. The red oxide bogies used on the liner flats is period correct. The painted springs is only a relatively recent introduction.

I thought so. Irish freight seemed to have only one colour of paint for about 30 years!😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

One thing we forgot to include in the box is instructions on how to fit the bag of detail parts. Here is a handy guide if you want to fit the detail parts to your wagons! 

Just one question. The container protection device, was that fitted from new or was it a later addition? Wouldn't have been much use for the side opening CIE containers.

Edited by NIR

18 minutes ago, NIR said:

Just one question. The container protection device, was that fitted from new or was it a later addition? Wouldn't have been much use for the side opening CIE containers.

They were fitted after introduction I believe. Take your point about the CIE containers but they tended to carry more sundries items, whereas the 40fts carried stuff like cigarettes, which were open to thievery! They fell off over time though, hence we made them a separate detailing part. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Right now our liners are beginning to land with modellers and are going down very well! Our limited stock is also fast running out, so don't miss out!

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/blogs/announcements/fitting-detail-parts-to-your-liner-flats

Cheers!

Fran

Looking at the instructions for detailing parts i think you are showing the vac pipe going on upside down.

If it is put on the right way up the coupling may not hit it.

7 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

They were fitted after introduction I believe. Take your point about the CIE containers but they tended to carry more sundries items, whereas the 40fts carried stuff like cigarettes, which were open to thievery! They fell off over time though, hence we made them a separate detailing part. 

Will the keg wagons come with these? Will they also have the brown bogies?