Project 42 Update

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

20 minutes ago, Railer said:

Will we get a heads up incase the Ferts go before they arrive? I want to get 2 bundle packs but the bank account is taking a battering for the next while unfortunately.

Same here....the visa is in an ICU at the moment😁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Edo said:

Price of domestic peace - you know the score JHB ......particularly as all the IRM orders start to roll in......

Indeed I do, Edo, indeed I do......

I need to tread carefully, as I have tentatively submitted an application to the Dept. of Domestic Matters for outline planning permission for a slight layout extension.....

Softly softly catchee monkey, as they say in the Shtix.......

• Funny 1

re page 5, 'items sold out', may I ask, a simple question,
is there a limit to how many of the same items one can buy?

I got mine, but I ask cos maybe those with deep pockets bought so many container wagons or whatever sold out fast,
that other loyal and regular buyers cant get them,  should an upper quota be set?, clearly clubs and the like would get more.

But if someone pops up on youtube with a rake of fifty and fithy more full boxes on shelves waiting to sell at some future date, is that not letting the side down?

I fully understand the need to sell product to keep the show rolling, and it may look like either the finance or marketing team got the numbers wrong, (i said 'look like')  yet it could all be down to a few buying so many, its unfair to everyone else.

Its a bit rich for people to be complaining at this stage that the 42' container wagons are sold out, when they had over 12 months to place an order for these wagons.

IRM started accepting full payment and deposits for these wagons in October 2018, its possible that IRM would have increased the number of wagons manufactured if more people had placed orders before the wagons went into production.

• Like 1

Honestly that's somewhat unsympathetic to many customers who have supported IRM loyally from the start and have missed out, although I do accept your point regarding preordering may have some validity. Had more been produced would we have had comment how they they hadn't sold as quickly as expected? I am pretty sure that the large orders will recirculate onto the market at a markup before Christmas 2020 though.

Edited by DiveController

4 hours ago, DiveController said:

Honestly that's somewhat unsympathetic to many customers who have supported IRM loyally from the start and have missed out, although I do accept your point regarding preordering may have some validity. Had more been produced would we have had comment how they they hadn't sold as quickly as expected? I am pretty sure that the large orders will recirculate onto the market at a markup before Christmas 2020 though.

For what it's worth, there are no large single orders, and we've made the same number of Liners as we did Ballast Wagons (not counting the rest of the Project 42, on which we are spending a very  (very) significant 6 figure sum.

its also worth a mention that Fran did confirm the liners as our ‘fastest selling model’ only a few short weeks after launch with almost 50% of the run preordered within 3 months  

We do expect that Marks Models, as well as Chris Dyer and others will be offerings stock of the liners, as we have several trade orders in hand, and as said before, we're looking to see if we can top up the run a little. Hope that helps!

I suppose if you take the individual wagon total as 2500, all it takes is about 70 orders of 18 wagons a prototypical rack and over half the wagons are gone.  

I will certainly order some empty flats if they are ever sold that way. 

It’s great to see IRM having such problems and can only be a confidence boost to producing more Irish models in the future. We don’t want forgotten as Accurascale goes from strength to strength. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

"as said before, we're looking to see if we can top up the run a little. Hope that helps!"

Good News if it comes to pass. I will certainly stick and order in for a bundle. when you might know if this will happen?

•  

We should have an idea in a few weeks George and will keep you posted. I think one other positive to take from this is that the Irish model scene is growing as between ourselves and Murphy Models the stock is now there to make the Irish scene more appealing to the masses. This explains the quick sell out of the liners. More people means we can do more models in the future, so everyone wins. The Liners have been a huge hit for us, our biggest yet. Ferts and As moving well too and we have a list as long as our arms of stuff we have planned and are working on that we have yet to announce (no more two year waits from announcement to delivery anymore!) so IRM won’t be forgotten about either.

And now, off to Warley! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Just to say at the NEC the IRM stand along with its UK face had some lovely offerings carefully put in Glass cases - away from my paws !!  Beet and freightliner flats looking more than wonderful.  The  A class in green looked " A-mazing! "  also a couple of the yellow plough brakes and sure a bubble of three must have been in the case.  The UK market had more "shelvage" with Class 37, class 55 and a jolly collection of cement wagons and O  hoppers .  A fine stand created in 6 hours or so by the troops and the "management" - I think that was the term  anyway ! 

I suspect the chaps will be talked dry by the merry hordes , along off course wading through buckets of froth  from announcing  the  class 80 , ( well you never know - but I think it is some fine new UK  offering.)

Robert 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mmie353 said:

@Warbonnet do orders ship in order and paid for when they come in, or do orders intended to ship to Ireland get dispatched first? As I am in the US, I am curious to know if my order has a chance of getting to me before Christmas. Normal time for me to get an order from the day of shipping is 7 days. 

Pretty sure it’s order of purchase. 

Cool thanks for getting back to me, I know from what was said above with shipping to the US and the An Post cutoff date, but I have gotten mail and items sent to me after the advised date by An Post and before Christmas, I think a lot has to do with where you are located over here. We shall see, it would be nice to get them before Christmas but as long as they arrive, I will be happy.

• Like 1

They look amazing men. From when the Ballast's were announced and IRM launched it is amazing that at the years end we will have five wagons released. That is a staggering achievement. Also some of the wagons are in several liveries. Also Rawie Buffers.

Add to all that, the price and quality of the models is class leading. I can't wait for mine.

Rich,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2019 at 2:30 PM, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone the liners are leaving China....

Reminds me of the time I worked as a train guard on liner trains to and from the West....it was a favourite quote from a signalman in Ballina cabin when enquiring about the whereabouts of the ex North wall-Ballina Asahi liner train.....😋

Looking forward to the model version, thanks Fran for the update.

On 11/29/2019 at 2:30 PM, Warbonnet said:

DSCF4498.thumb.jpg.81fbad3645e43aa2275c44b4bcf844a9.jpg

DSCF4485.thumb.jpg.5730559e0924a92eadea7eae6b81c26d.jpg

DSCF4500.thumb.jpg.3b6879e1914234492923509435fb2286.jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 1