Project 42 Update

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

2 hours ago, Arran said:

HI All

I got a new batch of Bell 20fts but they are the old style 20fts which are more prototypical, i dont have any info on Dana so good all round pics along with colours and its a good one to do, Bruhn i have all the info.

B+I 20ft I've never seen although going by records they must have had them, The CIE 40ft i never new existed till that pic this week but my 40ft with the advertising panels is as close as it can get, so that can be done unless IMR want a run for the wagons , the BELL and B+I 40 fts we supplied for the project 42 wagons look good and its great to be involved bringing accuracy and models to the hobby that take it to the next level.

I have some loads more old style containers left to do as well as the ones you would have seen on new style containers but the earlier years like MOL with the croc on the box Orange NYK to mention some.

Regards Arran

Arran, 

Can you PM me your email.. 

I have loads of pics of DANAs tanks, in a few different styles.. Will send you over what I have

regards

Andrew

• Like 2

On 12/19/2019 at 10:12 AM, Arran said:

HI All

I got a new batch of Bell 20fts but they are the old style 20fts which are more prototypical, i dont have any info on Dana so good all round pics along with colours and its a good one to do, Bruhn i have all the info.

B+I 20ft I've never seen although going by records they must have had them, The CIE 40ft i never new existed till that pic this week but my 40ft with the advertising panels is as close as it can get, so that can be done unless IMR want a run for the wagons , the BELL and B+I 40 fts we supplied for the project 42 wagons look good and its great to be involved bringing accuracy and models to the hobby that take it to the next level.

I have some loads more old style containers left to do as well as the ones you would have seen on new style containers but the earlier years like MOL with the croc on the box Orange NYK to mention some.

Regards Arran

Don't worry, Arran. Old style is good . I have some of yours that I purchased previously and will order some more. The biggest problem now is getting things more in a 50s/60s style than in a post 80s setting. Wasn't as aware of the MOL but it does look nice so probably get some of how those too 😀 

There wee 20 ft B&I in a much older style logo if I remember correctly. posted on another thread here IIRC. I will repost if I can find.

Edited by DiveController

My order of 42' flats arrived this morning shipped half way around the World from the UK within 10 days, a pretty good shipping service by any standard.

I could not resist this little set up not having a OO or broad gauge layout. Perhaps I can push the wheels in. The 20' containers are C Rail

IMG_4567.JPG.fd43d4cd1362bf38b87b9b414dea7899.JPG

IMG_4564.JPG.44d3620af7bfc0bd02912bac8069eda6.JPG

Edited by Mayner
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The containers are push fit, and not glued to the container lugs.

Gents-regarding the container lugs-or "spuds "as they were locally known is it possible for them to be supplied as an extra in a packet of six to eight?, there is a recess on the frame of the wagons where these were always stored.

Thanks 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Railer said:

Brexit preparations from the IRM Accurascale lads. 

Obviously didn't understand the implications of the IRM/Accurascale setup with Brexit. What is happening post March and with the A class due about that time?

2 hours ago, ttc0169 said:

Gents-regarding the container lugs-or "spuds "as they were locally known is it possible for them to be supplied as an extra in a packet of six to eight?, there is a recess on the frame of the wagons where these were always stored.

Thanks 

But the center container lugs are not removable to allow a 40ft to sit on a 2x 20ft wagon? SO there were two sets of tooling for this portion of the 42ft chassis?

28 minutes ago, DiveController said:

Obviously didn't understand the implications of the IRM/Accurascale setup with Brexit. What is happening post March and with the A class due about that time?

But the center container lugs are not removable to allow a 40ft to sit on a 2x 20ft wagon? SO there were two sets of tooling for this portion of the 42ft chassis?

The lugs are a part. A touch of glue was added in the factory to stop them getting lost but you can pop them out as needed. We have additional sets on the way that should have come with this shipment. 

we have warehouses in Dublin and Peterborough so no concerns about brexit or otherwise. 

On 12/21/2019 at 6:17 PM, ttc0169 said:

Thanks 

Hi Noel,

Yes, we are due a bunch of these from China in the new year, keep an eye out for that!

22 hours ago, Sleeper said:

Off the rails and on the road

20191221_222641.jpg

Nice! We really need a model of a Hino HE or a CIE Bedford TM if you ask me!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Wexford70 said:

Are many wagons showing the buffwr problems? Can anything be done about the drooping? Have not checked mine yet as have been away.

Not a huge amount but we are looking at ways to sort. We will get some instructions sorted for them in the new year. Luckily they're a separate part so can be rectified. 

I remember the Tralee liner being made up of both bogie and four wheel flats with an occasional fuel oil tank in the mix. The bogies were always at the head end of the train necessitating some shunting before the train could depart in the evening.

IMG_20191218_143916.jpg

IMG_20191218_143604.jpg

Edited by patrick
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • WOW! 2

Got my card as well yesterday, lovely touch, Thanks so much for these and all the other fantastic wagons you brought us so far.

Hope the IRM team and their families and indeed everyone on the forum have a lovely Christmas  and a peaceful New Year.

Cheers Everyone.

John-r.

• Thanks 1