MURPHY MODELS ... VIVA LA SPAIN....

Rate this topic

burnthebox

As Wrenneire has said, "if it looks to good to be true, it probably is".

In my previous life as a collector of Austrian 009, I got stung a couple of times, in one case buying a locomotive whose motor was banjaxed, and beyond repair......

Less than €50 for an 071 or 201 looks - - -  strange.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DoctorPan said:

That website raises an eyebrow for me.  Suspious stock levels, amazing pricing and the fact that all their social media links are for the website themselves. 

And why would a spray tan parlour in Fresno California be selling Murphy Models stuff anyway.

Their contact details also look suspicious.

17 hours ago, Ironroad said:

This may be of interest to some, again very keen price !!!

https://comoda.spraytanfresno.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=35094

I think its a fake site: Spray Tan Fresno! I think its one of the well produced emerging scams. If ordering use a credit card so you can claim back and watch ur bills..

Edited by Wexford70
  • Like 1

There seems to be a proliferation of these kind of sites popping up everywhere, They will ship out to you  but it will be a pair a shitty sunglassea or Scarf for a Dollar so they have a record of posting and your then snookered getting your money back. Facebook is the same, Be very aware.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

VIVA LA SPAINA....I SAID..OH YEA OF LITTLE FAITH....I KNOW I TOOK A CHANCE.....BUT THIS CHANCE WORKED OUT FOR ME ANYWAY....IN THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY...AND LOOK AT THE STICKERS ON THESE...WELL I’M A VERY HAPPY CAMPER...VIVA LA SPANA...😃😃😁😄😃😃😄😆

BTB

064C5801-1115-459E-9565-490E092DA95D.jpeg

978E21A0-6B94-4D8C-8151-D56CA537F702.jpeg

0F328B29-7B27-48A6-A88D-78FDCC03AFCB.jpeg

FD4F3C01-BC67-4616-9697-C9394B8DF291.jpeg

FA6A974F-6443-4FB8-914E-2D454CA8EE3A.jpeg

F0978C75-B057-491C-B37F-E6EE3AA33F7A.jpeg

E04C6B4D-5B02-425D-BF16-601C99C9FA21.jpeg

5465BE68-A636-40A7-BB0E-77D7BB374C92.jpeg

Edited by burnthebox
  • Like 8
  • WOW! 2

1 hour ago, jhb171achill said:

JHB, THAT SITE IS NOT RECOMMENDED AS THE INFO I HAVE TELLS  E IT DOES NOT USE  SPANISH...THATS FAMILIAR TO ALL IN  SPAIN..!  AND THIS IS THE  SELLER/ SITE I GOT MY BARGAINS ON....

BTB

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/MURPHY-MODELS-VAGoN-ABIERTO-IRISH-CRAVENS-CON-LIBREA-NARANJA-Y-NEGRA-RFA-1533/313053289971

Edited by burnthebox
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mmie353 said:

Looks the same as the Spray Tan Fresno one. Same layout, same idea, same email address, same "About Us" .

According to this forum, it's exactly what it looks like, a scam.

• Like 1

Many of the listing on this site appear to be lifted directly off eBay pages from other sellers.

Example: this listing title is slightly different, but many are the exact wording - note how it states free postage in the US - https://por.slevin-music.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2_3_12_48&products_id=28503
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/ALASKA-RAILROAD-BALDWIN-VO-1000-LOCOMOTIVE-W-DCC-LOKSOUND-FREE-SHIP-IN-U-S/233174438999?hash=item364a479457:g:Y1AAAOSwawpXveFH

Edited by RobertRoche
  • Like 1

https://muy.spraytanfresno.com/index.php?main_page

This site and others are SCAMs lads do not buy anything from them. I have emailed  and have not received any reply other than the following.

Dear customer,
This is an auto-reply message from cs@servicecentervip.com mailbox. Please do not reply.
This mailbox can not answer any questions about your order.
If you have some questions, please send emails to the email address listed on the website where you bought the item. 
Hope you can get a great answer!
Have a nice day!
Best regards!

and this .......cs 自动回复 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Midland Man said:

Plus the second hand stuff uses pics of eBay. It's way to good to be true. 

That's a good tip.

A reverse picture search, to see if it's been used elsewhere before, is often a useful guide to the possible reality of the situation.

I have a neighbour who has run a series of scam businesses. The last one was a building/landscaping operation, featuring many pictures of 'his work'.

I suspect that few really were, one was in Russia, in a small town in the Ural Mountains - a long way home for your tea.

A picture of the amazingly neat turf-laying job that he had done on someone's new lawn was actually a picture of artificial grass from an online catalogue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midland Man said:

You means it's now a scam.They have seen the growth in people Irish buying stock and thought we can scan one or two of those lads. Plus the second hand stuff uses pics of eBay. It's way to good to be true. As for @PJR let's hope you did not spend two much money on those bolu?'$

No thank god only at the loss of 20 euro so not worried .