Wexford MRC CLG Exhibition April 30th/May 1st 2023

Rate this topic

Irishrailwayman

6 minutes ago, connollystn said:

Iarnród Éireann will have its obligatory engineering works that weekend so will have to bus it down to Wexford. Will be worth it for the tea, sandwiches and slices of apple tart, oh yeah, and the model railway layouts also!

Are there no scones south of the Slaney then ? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Galteemore said:

Are there no scones south of the Slaney then ? 

Well, the only reason I consumed so many scones at the MRSI exhibit was because the only alternative was breac and I'm not a fan of that, plus, I have a fondness for apple tart (hint-hint @ the caterers in Wexford). It might sound a tad sad but, for me, the real highlight is the café - the fact that the purpose of the exhibition is to display model railway layouts is purely consequential.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say that we're delighted to be able to sponsor the Wexford show for the first time and we'll be there with wares for sale and by then we should have an all working ICR sample too! We may even have an small announcement for the show, but we shall see nearer the time!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • WOW! 1

11 hours ago, Bob229 said:

Great show, well worth a visit to the sunny South east 

The last two times I was down in Wexford Town it was raining. The sun always shines on TV but not on Wexford. Mind, it's a great excuse to visit one of the local hostelries on the way home from the exhibition. Hope it's raining next time I'm down there........

• Funny 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At present we have 25 Layouts booked: Irish OO: "Gort", "Old Farm",  "Rathmichael", "Carrigthomas", "Joseph's Bridge", "Midleton Goods Yard", "Past-Avenue" and "Bog Road Level-crossing". Irish N: "Bog Road Level-crossing" (yes in N) and T-Trak Modular Layout. UK O: "Buffers Lock", "Prospect Road TMD", "Little Siddington" and "National Pipeworks" (O:16.5). UK OO: "Fiddle-sticks Iron Stone Mine" and "Wheal Rinn". OO Imaginative: Circus layout/Stobart display, Hornby Trackmat layouts (2) and "Jurassic Sodor". Overseas prototypes: "Belle Eclaire" (French HO), Military railways (UK/German N), "Grunwald" (German HO), "South Plains" (USA HO) and Japanese City (N). 

In addition, we have 18 Traders: Irish Railway Models (Exhibition Sponsors), Marks Models, Sean Ryan, Brian Collins, Martin O'Halloran, Model Rail Baseboards, Geoff Johnston Railway Artwork, GModelScene, Mick Doyle OO, 3-D Printing with Owen O'Neill, Taillte Tours, Military Model Sales, Retro Transport Artwork, Mountain Gremlin Games, Under Oakwood Designs, Top Choice Embroidery, Button Cards by Ally and Una's Miniature Wonderland.

Additionally, Wexford MRC (Membership/second-hand sales), MERG, Maritime Museum Rosslare and the RNLI will have stands. The ever-popular Station Café will have savouries and sweet treats available at reasonable prices. The Pot Belly Café is located just outside the hall also.

There is no entrance charge but donations will be gratefully accepted for the Wexford MRC and St Joseph's Community Centre funds.

We look forward to welcoming everyone to our latest Exhibition.

DSCF4572.thumb.JPG.1cb96c851bd80f616be101754815a63d.JPG

• Like 8

1 hour ago, leslie10646 said:

Best wishes to Wexford MRC this weekend - I hope the exhibition is a brilliant success.

Apologies for our non-appearance - my Sales Person is in New York!

Looking forward to reports from those who can attend!

Thanks Leslie. Wexford MRC are planning an Autumn Exhibition on Sunday 8th October 2023 so we might see you represented at that!

• Like 2

Great show Irish railway modeller stand nice announcement of the Park Royal coaches bought the cork shuttle bus comes with a cert nice bargains there on second hand stalls I bought replica railways pcv post office  propelling control vehicle  looking for it for a long time for just 20 euros excellently boxed and thank you to the man in the o gauge layout who put on class 37  and the coaches great layouts great food in the cafe apple tart went down well as always a very friendly show we will visit again in october

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

Well done to Wexford MRC for a great show lots of excellent layouts and Traders, plenty of space and good food in the cafe, met Fran at the IRM stand good chat the model of the 22000 looks excellent as did the Park Royal coach lots to look forward too20230501_132616.thumb.jpg.c1ee9424b0f09a0cf1d47b2df4510744.jpg

20230501_130739.jpg

20230501_130112.jpg

• Like 7