Production Complete - A First Look At Our Bulleid Open Wagons

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

3 hours ago, DiveController said:

I have an issue with a method of payment but have ben unable to contact IRM by Live Chat or telephone. What going on ? @BosKonay

We don't have a telephone, but live chat, email, Facebook messenger, Instagram DM's are all manned until about a half hour or so ago

7 hours ago, BosKonay said:

We don't have a telephone, but live chat, email, Facebook messenger, Instagram DM's are all manned until about a half hour or so ago

Ok, figured out you guys all left early for the Wexford Show. Patrick helped me get it all sorted and paid 👍 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, DiveController said:

Ok, figured out you guys all left early for the Wexford Show. Patrick helped me get it all sorted and paid 👍 

I'm convinced by his workrate that Patrick isn't human. It's the initials for some sort of AI algorith strung together.

Part Android Terminal Replying In Continuous Keystrokes?

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Patrick Davey said:

I see these fine wagons are now showing as sold out on the IRM website.  Two packs heading my way hopefully soon :)

The Flats are now shipping and the opens are due in about a week or so, at which point the balance of stock will go on sale once we're clear of all the preorders!

5 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

The Flats are now shipping and the opens are due in about a week or so, at which point the balance of stock will go on sale once we're clear of all the preorders!

Looking forward to these - they'll fit nicely into my current project.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Boat has been a little late as things seem to go a lot these days but we’re hoping to start shipping next week at the moment. 

With a few packs left for those of us who missed out, I hope?

1 minute ago, Metrovik said:

With a few packs left for those of us who missed out, I hope?

A small headroom and a scattering of unpaid preorders that may free up. The delays with shipping are very frustrating at the moment but we’re working hard on getting stock in a timely mannner! Appreciate the patience. 

Just now, BosKonay said:

A small headroom and a scattering of unpaid preorders that may free up. The delays with shipping are very frustrating at the moment but we’re working hard on getting stock in a timely mannner! Appreciate the patience. 

Where else would you get customer service this efficient? Thanks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BosKonay said:

bits and bobs and odds and sods

I've just put that into Google Translate and this came out:

Two steam locomotives, NIR 80 Class, NIR Hunslet, AEC Railcar in GNR, CIE & UTA liveries, and The Fintona Horse Tram.

• Like 1
  • WOW! 1
  • Funny 5

8 minutes ago, Patrick Davey said:

I've just put that into Google Translate and this came out:

Two steam locomotives, NIR 80 Class, NIR Hunslet, AEC Railcar in GNR, CIE & UTA liveries, and The Fintona Horse Tram.

What settings did you use to get that out, ulsterscots to English?

• Funny 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BosKonay said:

We’ve a few more bits and bobs and odds and sods to launch too :) 

I don't know much about Ulsterscots but down in the midlands where I'm from, 'sods' can only mean sods of turf.

And you can't get any odder than the Turf Burner!

Logic dictates that its CC1!! 😀😀😀

Wouldn't CC1 would be a nice (and very surprising) addition to IRM's Bulleid range? 

Edited by Flying Snail
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Flying Snail said:

I don't know much about Ulsterscots but down in the midlands where I'm from, 'sods' can only mean sods of turf.

And you can't get any odder than the Turf Burner!

Logic dictates that its CC1!! 😀😀😀

Wouldn't CC1 would be a nice (and very surprising) addition to IRM's Bullied range? 

In the days when I used to travel backwards and forwards between the islands by train and ferry, it was quite common to 'get pulled' at Holyhead. On one occasion, I was stopped by a very English customs bloke who wanted to empty my rucksack himself, quizzing me about things as they emerged, to get the timing of my answers, in the hope of spotting a hesitation.

In the bag, wrapped in two pages of the Leinster Express, was a sod of turf that I had found in the road outside the house one day. I had a friend in England who worked for a wildlife trust and was very anti-turf cutting, so I had decided to bring it back to annoy her with.

As he extracted the parcel from my bag, he asked me what it was, but, at one o'clock in the morning and faced with such an English gentleman, the only word that I could think of was 'sod', and that seemed not fully appropriate, in the cross-cultural situation.

This hesitation signalled a potential 'find' to him, and he carefully unwrapped it, to find a large block of dark brown fibrous material. At this point, his eyes lit up and he broke a piece off, to smell it, much to the amusement of his co-workers, who did know what it was...

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

After some shipping jiggery pokery we can now confirm that the Bulleid opens have landed in Dublin! We expect to receive them after the bank holiday on Tuesday and we will endeavor to get them out as soon as possible thereafter.

In the meantime, the balance of stock has gone on sale, so make sure you grab some while you can: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/bulleid-12t-corrugated-open

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Mine arrived this evening. Great job I must say, despite being small open wagons they have a very solid feel to them. Though of all the stock IRM has released to date, you can almost hear these crying out to be weathered the moment you take them out of the box! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I did some pruning to remove what was inaccurate assertions made in a downright rude manner. Feedback is great but when you’re wrong and double down when proven wrong with rudeness and arrogance you earn a little holiday from the forum. You’re welcome. 

12 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

I did some pruning to remove what was inaccurate assertions made in a downright rude manner. Feedback is great but when you’re wrong and double down when proven wrong with rudeness and arrogance you earn a little holiday from the forum. You’re welcome. 

Thank you. 

• Like 7