IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

On 26/9/2021 at 6:37 AM, Noel said:

A little bit of fettling required to make your own shank out of plastic card to get both the distance and HEIGHT correct. 2mins with a Scalpel and super glue.

fitting_kadee_mm_craven_01.jpg

IMG_5556.jpg

slighlty different fix for MM Mk2d BUT only takes a few mins.

fitting_kadee_mm_mk2d_01.jpg

i wonder will there ever be a way to use mirs screw couplings instead to make it  more realistic

7 minutes ago, mmie353 said:

@WarbonnetIRM have no issues in getting any sound decoders? I was speaking to the store that I order my ESU sound chips on Friday and he advised they cannot get anything from ESU at the moment, they are trying apparently to get more in for months now. He has no ETA as to when he will get more. 

ESU are using what supply they do have for OEM Sound chips (ie: high value customers). So we have secured supply for the A (in stock) as well as our forthcoming UK outline locos (55, 92, 37, etc) but they are not currently manufacturing the non sound chips at all.

4 hours ago, mphoey said:

i wonder will there ever be a way to use mirs screw couplings instead to make it  more realistic

Not really with 4mm 00gauge, perhaps with O or 1 gauge especially with two axle freight wagons. There are cosmetic screw couplings that are basically NEM draw bars but then your stock is permenantly coupled so no possibility of shunting

1 hour ago, BosKonay said:

ESU are using what supply they do have for OEM Sound chips (ie: high value customers). So we have secured supply for the A (in stock) as well as our forthcoming UK outline locos (55, 92, 37, etc) but they are not currently manufacturing the non sound chips at all.

Thanks for the update Stephen. Any update on when your Crossley engined version of the A class ESU decoders will be available?

On 27/9/2021 at 8:55 AM, Warbonnet said:

Thanks @Bumble_Bee, and you make a very good point that is worth remembering. We know the As are taking a couple of weeks more to travel from China than we had initially hoped (and yes, they are arriving much later than we had stated when first announced due to well documented reasons!) but with the state of the manufacturing world right now we are in a much better position with these than several other manufacturers, such as model railway producers, many of which have had to put releases back over 12 months due to supply chain issues. 

At least now we are into A Class week, and they land with us on Friday! :)

Cheers!

Fran 

Absolutely! I suppose its also a matter of scaling, with the A-class taking up a single 40ft container compared to the likes of Hornby who probably end up with multiple containers full at different stages so would be a much larger scale logistical effort.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Noel said:

wave.gif Thanks for info. So could it take more than a few months before they are available?

Sure for all we know, Australia might not be back to normal before next summer.

Until Australia declare themselves happy with their progress in the fight against Coronavirus, while hoping that there's no EU fallout from the AUKUS debacle, nobody can give you a firm date.

When they're here, they're here, be it a year or two years or whatever.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bumble_Bee said:

Absolutely! I suppose its also a matter of scaling, with the A-class taking up a single 40ft container compared to the likes of Hornby who probably end up with multiple containers full at different stages so would be a much larger scale logistical effort.

Right now, we just landed a 40' of MDOs, MDV's, Coils and loads for accurascale, a 40' of A's is 'sooooo' nearly here, another 40' is en route with a mix of Irish and UK stuff and another one will be leaving one of our factories in 4 weeks time. 

47 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Right now, we just landed a 40' of MDOs, MDV's, Coils and loads for accurascale, a 40' of A's is 'sooooo' nearly here, another 40' is en route with a mix of Irish and UK stuff and another one will be leaving one of our factories in 4 weeks time. 

Like buses you wait ages and they all come along at once 

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

Don’t forget the schneaky airfreight with the RH buses that no one knew were coming! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Sounds like a job for the 42' flats! 😆

• Funny 2

22 minutes ago, ak425 said:

The three year wait is nearly over.  Anybody know the name of the ship the famous 40' container is on so we can all go to the Great South Wall to welcome it. 😀

I think it might be the Cadena 3, she’s an ex MOD point class sealift vessel(beachy head), not sure if she still has gun mounts and anti piracy gear but she might need to them repel boarders coming up the Liffey! 

Edited by MOGUL
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

22 minutes ago, ak425 said:

The three year wait is nearly over.  Anybody know the name of the ship the famous 40' container is on so we can all go to the Great South Wall to welcome it. 😀

Or track it on AIS :) 

7 minutes ago, DoctorPan said:

Sounds like a job for the 42' flats! 😆

Yea they have built in sound effects :) 

4 minutes ago, MOGUL said:

I think it might be the Cadena 3, she’s an ex MOD sealift vessel, not sure if she still has gun mounts and anti piracy gear but she might need to them repel boarders coming up the Liffey! 

Cadena 3 live on AIS. ETA Dublin port 13:30 tomorrow

image.thumb.png.ce2695896143046d56dea967ac3357dd.png

image.thumb.png.10e329252a6013385a8c8baff4ef5519.png

15 minutes ago, MOGUL said:

Noel at 13:30 tomorrow

F72B2E72-5D99-40D2-A04C-852C942E0846.jpeg

Hey that 13:30 outside the Port approaches, she'll have to wait out in Dublin bay for the tide till about 18:00 UT and a pilot to guide her in the fairway. HW Dublin is 18:20 tomorrow so unloading tomorrow night if lucky and then all the customs stuff but at least she originated from an EU port.

18 minutes ago, mphoey said:

if its the cadena son says it will be in his yard about 415pm to clear customs roughly

The Cadena is not ever reported to customs yet, Last arrival was 25th into Dublin.

Cadena 3 is Still at sea and underway when I  just checked plus the arrival is not even reported yet by revenue. Last arrived on the 25th

image.png.b0d706e354d67a8d95c1cf75ce462c09.png

image.thumb.png.be199e4e4048386348a60c13668ea8be.png

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

The Cadena is not ever reported to customs yet, Last arrival was 25th into Dublin.

Cadena 3 is Still at sea and underway when I  just checked plus the arrival is not even reported yet by revenue. Last arrived on the 25th

image.png.b0d706e354d67a8d95c1cf75ce462c09.png

image.thumb.png.be199e4e4048386348a60c13668ea8be.png

Ah damn, I hate waiting for the vessel to arrive to get an MRN..

I have my (hazmat) suit all ready here to head down and get the T1 discharged