new murphys products

Rate this topic

mphoey

just got this from facebook if its genuine which i believe its going to be great for us

Great news from Paddy Murphy !!

201 Class locomotives
There will be short production runs of the 201 Class locomotive in three different liveries. These will be the most recent Enterprise livery, the interim Black & Silver 'Raccoon' livery and the Intercity green/silver livery with the current IE logo. Exact schedule is not available at present but it is hoped late 2021/first half 2022. Because of the small quantities involved, these will be allocated to model shops on a fair Pro-rata basis.
Mk2d Air-conditioned stock
The next release of these coaches will be produced in IR livery. Versions will be Full First, Composite, Standard, Restaurant and EGV. In addition, to complement the existing EGV and Restaurant stock, Standard class coaches in the 'Galway' livery will also be produced. Minor adjustments will be made to existing tooling where necessary. Similar schedule to Class 201.
Mk3 stock
It is over 20 years ago since Murphy Models last produced ready to run Irish Mk3 stock. It is planned to release a brand-new range of CIE, IR and IE Mk3 coaches featuring all new tooling incorporating all the unique features of the Irish Mk3. This will include items such as plug doors. Proposed versions across the liveries will be- EGV, First, Composite, City-Gold, Restaurant, Standard and Executive.
It is also planned to produce the suburban version of the Mk3 with the hopper windows as well as the push-pull driving trailer.
Craven
I am also considering a new production of Craven coaches. This is subject to there being enough interest to make such a project economically viable.
  • Like 15
  • Informative 1
  • WOW! 2

16 minutes ago, mphoey said:

just got this from facebook if its genuine which i believe its going to be great for us

Great news from Paddy Murphy !!

201 Class locomotives
There will be short production runs of the 201 Class locomotive in three different liveries. These will be the most recent Enterprise livery, the interim Black & Silver 'Raccoon' livery and the Intercity green/silver livery with the current IE logo. Exact schedule is not available at present but it is hoped late 2021/first half 2022. Because of the small quantities involved, these will be allocated to model shops on a fair Pro-rata basis.
Mk2d Air-conditioned stock
The next release of these coaches will be produced in IR livery. Versions will be Full First, Composite, Standard, Restaurant and EGV. In addition, to complement the existing EGV and Restaurant stock, Standard class coaches in the 'Galway' livery will also be produced. Minor adjustments will be made to existing tooling where necessary. Similar schedule to Class 201.
Mk3 stock
It is over 20 years ago since Murphy Models last produced ready to run Irish Mk3 stock. It is planned to release a brand-new range of CIE, IR and IE Mk3 coaches featuring all new tooling incorporating all the unique features of the Irish Mk3. This will include items such as plug doors. Proposed versions across the liveries will be- EGV, First, Composite, City-Gold, Restaurant, Standard and Executive.
It is also planned to produce the suburban version of the Mk3 with the hopper windows as well as the push-pull driving trailer.
Craven
I am also considering a new production of Craven coaches. This is subject to there being enough interest to make such a project economically viable.

Well deserved return for intercity green 201, bridges the gap between old and new very well

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Can confirm that it is genuine. All will be available to order through IRM of course! :)

Cheers!

Fran

well suppose that rules out what irm will be doing now and great to see the first rtr mk3 dvt been done at last these should be good sellers for paddy

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Well deserved return for intercity green 201, bridges the gap between old and new very well

One of them sold for 311GBP one eBay a couple of days back. Good but used condition. There's a market for them, though sadly too modern for me. Now if more tippex babies were to be re-released.... (can't be beyond the realms of possibility if the 201s are getting a third run out, Lima version included)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, murphaph said:

One of them sold for 311GBP one eBay a couple of days back. Good but used condition. There's a market for them, though sadly too modern for me. Now if more tippex babies were to be re-released.... (can't be beyond the realms of possibility if the 201s are getting a third run out, Lima version included)

I suppose the success of this run will be monitered closely as we dont get re-runs to often..... and maybe more in the future if this one goes well. there 50 years past my era and the intercity 201.... I might just get one anyway besides for the intercity, enteprise and badger liveries this is only the second run!

24 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Some early cravens to make a full set........

It would make sense to see 60s coaching stock return to shelves on the eve of the A class and 121s. Shame there is nothing with a flying snail for them to pull...yet

I can't stand this releasing of news on Facebook - why is there nothing on murphymodels.com about this?

From their website 'In the works' section:

"As of September 2020 we have no plans for future models now that the Class 121 is on sale"

Facebook is rot

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, skinner75 said:

I can't stand this releasing of news on Facebook - why is there nothing on murphymodels.com about this?

"As of September 2020 we have no plans for future models now that the Class 121 is on sale"

Facebook is rot

Interesting how it says that alright, hence why this is such a big shock. Considering that marks models and IRM have confirmed it which makes me beleive that this isnt the usual hoaxes you get from Facebook sometimes

Besides its much easier to update a facebook page then to update a website I think

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinner75 said:

Facebook is rot

I'm pretty sure the Facebook post is from Marks Models page and not Murphy Models. I imagine the retailers were the first ones to be told and it was Marks who released the news on Facebook, where it can be seen instantly by anyone who follows their page. 

As far as I know PM is a one-man band so I'm sure he will update the website when he gets a chance.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Billycan said:

Great news.  Just visited Murphy Models website which reads

This page was last updated: March 1, 2021

and tells it all.

13 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Brilliant! Its a huge announcement considering some of us thought there were "no future plans" for MM. Im excited to see every single one of these re-hit store shelves

I'm not certain but is this the first time an irish loco has been re-run?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Brilliant! Its a huge announcement considering some of us thought there were "no future plans" for MM. Im excited to see every single one of these re-hit store shelves

I'm not certain but is this the first time an irish loco has been re-run?

Pretty sure this will be the third run of 201s, with the first enterprise small and big yellow front and NIR being the second run.

• Like 1

This is great news. 

Regarding the statement on the Cavens (as I would bag a load of these) - that their production will be subject to enough interest to make it economically viable.....how will this interest actually be measured to determine if it's viable to do another run?

Edited by CFD
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Nice news to see MM is alive and Kicking

Just Hope to hell that the plans don't include an Avalanche of all of these products 2 weeks before xmas 2021 and they are released in a nice steady fashion.

Nice for the lads who aint got 201s, I 'd say I am pretty much maxed out with locos at this stage.. Gonna Draw the line at the orange Era TBH. Too much stuff as it is!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dempsey said:

That'll put an end to the 150 euro mk2s on ebay

Oh f*ck....i pray for the people that bought them.....chances are theyll still try sell them for 150 even when the new ones are on sale....

Its nice that the 201s were getting are the more modern variants of each livery. As has been said there is a lack of current day irish locos for people coming into the hobby. But intercity 201s are a familiar site to even those outside the irish railway circle upon showing a picture of one to my non railway freind he calls it the "high speed train" i mean at least he has the spirit😆😆😆

• Like 2

Well, this is the announcement of the century!

Proper Irish Mk3s, count me in for some in Supertrain. 

Now the big question... do I want to break my railways period setting and get a 201 or not? ;)

I'll be interested to see how the Mk3s turn out, very interested.

• Like 2