Class 121

Rate this topic

Alan564017

I've started to put my pre-orders in, 124 & 129 pre-orders placed with Hattons, they are quoting £129 initially but if near €200 mark is reached that will be bumped up a few quid. Another pre-order next pay month (The A class pre-order is going to be culled back a bit for now).

Mark   

10 minutes ago, StevieB said:

Marks Models in Ireland, plus Hattons and Rails of Sheffield in UK.

Stephen

I had a look at Marks Models site, but I don't seem to be able to add to cart, it just gives the option to be notified or to contact them. I filled in my contact details, but haven't heard anything back from them yet.
EDIT: I filled in the contact section again, as I just remembered that yesterday when I tried, my work pc was giving trouble with the 'captcha' bit, and I couldn't submit the request - it worked fine for me today, so I'll wait to hear back from them now. 

Edited by skinner75

You might be aswell to give them a call - in Greenoge on 01-4124829 - they've opened a "buke" for the 121 orders - they'll take ur name and number and what ur after and will get back to you when they have more details.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:27 PM, Noel said:

Good idea, especially for the ST and IR era when they regularly ran in pairs nose2nose. I floated similar idea a few years ago but it was explained to me that there would be very little difference in construction cost of production between an unpowered 'cow' and a motorised loco chassis.

Oh I know, you're right, the costsa aren't that different just musing, really! Going to need(need... or want....?!) a grey one and a mixed IE/IR pair.....!

Cheers for now!

Richard.

• Like 1

Hi Guys , just to clarify that we have various different ways of taking preorders for the upcoming Murphy Models CL121 locomotives. You can contact any of our shops either in person or by phone where they can take your contact details, and we will be in touch when they arrive . Alternatively please follow the link below to our website and fill in your details on the notify me link for each loco required. Sorry still no prices, anybody quoting a price is picking a number out of the air.

https://www.marksmodels.com/?cid=51

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative 3

Looks spot on. I remember some one on here many moons ago stating that there may be an clearance issue with bogie and drivers ladders on curves, it looks very close on a straight. I'd like to see it on a second radius just to see how the design managed it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Railer said:

Looks spot on. I remember some one on here many moons ago stating that there may be an clearance issue with bogie and drivers ladders on curves, it looks very close on a straight. I'd like to see it on a second radius just to see how the design managed it.

Managed 2nd radius with ease. Very well designed. 

• Like 2
  • Informative 3

It looks to capture the 121 uniqueness shape and detail wise which should be what sets the standard for a model. It's a given that all locos should have sound mechanics and run great straight from the box in this day and age. Although a small few rogues will always escape from the factory. 

Any of the three MM Illinois built locos I have are spot on in every department and no doubt these will be the same.

As Fran has said the design work gone into this model is of the highest standard.

If the area between the grilles remains see through on the sides it will be epic. I always wondered would  it be possible to remove some of the chassis block on a 141-181 to achieve that effect.

Can't wait for 124 and 134 they are going to be special.

Rich,

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RedRich said:

It looks to capture the 121 uniqueness shape and detail wise which should be what sets the standard for a model. It's a given that all locos should have sound mechanics and run great straight from the box in this day and age. Although a small few rogues will always escape from the factory. 

Any of the three MM Illinois built locos I have are spot on in every department and no doubt these will be the same.

As Fran has said the design work gone into this model is of the highest standard.

If the area between the grilles remains see through on the sides it will be epic. I always wondered would  it be possible to remove some of the chassis block on a 141-181 to achieve that effect.

Can't wait for 124 and 134 they are going to be special.

Rich,

Agree Rich, if you could see through the grilles it would certainly be the icing on the cake. It was always something that caught the eye when watching them in action. If not, I certainly won't be complaining. Once I get my hands on a pair of these beauties I'll be as happy as a pig in shite either way. 

Presume the NEM pocket access slot in the valance will be fillable like the Bachmann/MM 141/181s, especially the cab end as it is unlikely to need a model coupling at that end of the loco unless operating in pairs. Agree with others it would be fabulous if you can see through the front grills.

Edited by Noel

9 hours ago, Noel said:

Yummie. Do my eye deceive me or are those rotating axles. 👍 Hope the production versions of the delivery grey and the B&T livery variants have the extra little cab windows facing down the bonnet.

Leaving out the 'rear' (bonnet-side) cabs windows would be a major omission (don't worry). Some of the horizontal ones were blanked out in later years on 131 & 134 (at least) so it's likely  you're seeing the sample for that. 134 in IE is due in Oct 2109. 

Grey, BnT, Supertrain IR all had those windows present.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/irishswissernie/5768419772/in/album-72157677789896957/

Edited by DiveController