Hattons launch 'Irish' range of Genesis Coaches

Rate this topic

BosKonay

4 hours ago, Colin R said:

I am not sure if I have asked this question before ( but I think I may have), but I do wonder how many coach bodies survive today at various farms and stables around Ireland

They were quite popular as holiday homes in west and east Cork and Fountainstown. Coaches, old buses, even a tram as a greenhouse. There's still a (very) small handful left if you know where to look.

• Like 2

On 24/9/2024 at 6:53 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

Checked my Hatton's pre-orders against my Rails invoice today, and I'm also missing an orange an black coach.

Emailed Rails to query and they said:

"Hello,

Unfortunately the orders have been invoiced as placed with Hattons, unfortunately I am unable to add items as I am unable to edit, these have been imported from Hattons and we can't see any further information unfortunately.

KInd regards"

I gave them my Hatton's order number in my mail, and offered to forward my Hatton's confirmation email to them, but it seems that their hands are tied.

I had a similar problem.

My order which still hasn't been dispatched included two lighting units which were supposed to be free of charge as there were two faulty units in a previous Hattons order.

I was charged £13.26 for the two units & Rails said there was nothing they could do.

If the order was for anything else beside these coaches I would have cancelled which I left them know in no uncertain terms, not that ther cared I'd say.

The customer always gets caught 😏

4 hours ago, Colin R said:

I am not sure if I have asked this question before ( but I think I may have), but I do wonder how many coach bodies survive today at various farms and stables around Ireland

I'd say they're all well rotten by now.

On 24/9/2024 at 10:03 PM, StevieB said:

So, does that mean you’ve paid for something that’s not been delivered? They’re clearly unconcerned about two versions of your order, one you got from Hattons and one Hattons sent them.

Stephen

Sorry, @StevieB. I should have been clearer. I checked this before paying, to trouble-shoot in advance. Paid for the order this morning, and now await a postage price.

3 hours ago, amdaley said:

I had a similar problem.

My order which still hasn't been dispatched included two lighting units which were supposed to be free of charge as there were two faulty units in a previous Hattons order.

I was charged £13.26 for the two units & Rails said there was nothing they could do.

If the order was for anything else beside these coaches I would have cancelled which I left them know in no uncertain terms, not that ther cared I'd say.

The customer always gets caught 😏

I would think that your claim for two faulty units lies with Hattons not Rails.  If you can contact them I'm sure they deal with this. 

• Like 1

On 16/5/2024 at 9:26 PM, patrick said:

Thursday May 15th 2024. The last train on the South Waterford Line leaves Grange headed for the Cork  fiddle yard. There the rolling stock will be boxed and work will begin dismantling the layout.

Maureen and I have decided it is time for us to move, first to a rental property near her mom who needs more and more help by the day and then look for home with with a garden, something we did not have in a condo and sorley missed. Of course a train room will be a requirement in any new house!

20240516_160110.jpg

On 21/5/2024 at 8:47 PM, Metrovik said:

Where else would you get customer service this efficient? Thanks.

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Same

Ditto

5 hours ago, Horsetan said:

There's a few parts of Google Maps for Ireland that don't seem to have been updated since the early 2000s as the overhead view is very low-res

The GeoHive Maps also have satellite imagery that is, in many cases, much higher quality than Google Maps; although the satellite imagery is all pre-2015..

1 hour ago, Tarabuses said:

I would think that your claim for two faulty units lies with Hattons not Rails.  If you can contact them I'm sure they deal with this. 

I think that would be rather difficult as Hattons no longer exists, hence the involvement of Rails to complete matters.

Stephen

22 hours ago, raymurph said:

Thanks for all this info Jhb. As a follow on question:

I am planning on running this b'n't 6 wheel brake van at the end of a train of b'n't MM cravens and b'n't IRM Park Royals pulled by a silver or b'n't CIE roundel diesel A class. Sometimes also pulled but a IR livery 121. Would this be close enough to prototypical?

And as my layout is a dead end branch line, once the loco does a run around to the other end of the carriages for the return journey should the 6 wheel brake be run around to the new back end of the train as well?

Many thanks

Raymurph

The BnT 6w brake will be authentic with the following vehicles: in green OR original-version BnT, Bredins, all types of laminates, Park Royals; even the odd ex-GNR K15 still in GNR livery - brown or blue and cream. Or, original BnT version only, Cravens. Locos - A, C, B101 classes in silver, green, black or black'n'tan. B121s in grey or bralck'n'tan. B141s, and at a stretch B181s in BnT.

Anything in Supertrain livery or the later IE / IR liveries would not be authentic. Any fitted wagons on the back of a train would only be grey, as the brown wagon livery wasn't introduced until 1970 by which time the last of these vans had been withdrawn.

In operational terms, with vacuum braked / fitted rolling stock, it didn't matter where the brake vehicle was situated, but in the case of loose-coupled stock it had to be at the end. So, if your layout has a goods train coming in (pre-1970, loose-coupled grey 4 wheled wagons), you have to shunt the van to the end before departing again. With your passenger set, it does not need to be shunted.

If you're operating a mixed train, like Loughrea, Kenmare, Ballinrobe and Foynes had in their final days, the fitted stock, namely the coach / coaches will be behind the locomotive, thus ensuring continuity of vac brake, with loose coupled wagons and a guard's van behid that.

Hope that helps!

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Informative 3

3 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Arrived today 😀

IMG_4571.thumb.jpeg.114adf2eca07b0cd4102c36c04df2126.jpeg

IMG_4572.thumb.jpeg.3d461274c9a9bf79510a385ea72b0fc6.jpeg

IMG_4573.thumb.jpeg.c87e70dc0953fda626ca757134ab3205.jpeg

IMG_4574.thumb.jpeg.40865e04a7ba2a88bf438dadf01fdf59.jpeg

IMG_4575.thumb.jpeg.494ceca980bd3e502a9ffb45aed06cee.jpeg

IMG_4576.thumb.jpeg.577eedabbc5e8da3b973b644a281e719.jpeg

Cheers

Darius

Nice pictures :-bd

I see from your second picture the lower foot step is a little out of line.

This happened to mine.

It catches on the axle box and needs to be pulled out a little, as these are metal it is easily done.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, popeye said:

Nice pictures :-bd

I see from your second picture the lower foot step is a little out of line.

This happened to mine.

It catches on the axle box and needs to be pulled out a little, as these are metal it is easily done.

Well spotted eagle eye Popeye, I will check mine even though they run ok.