New Announcement - Hosanna Is A H Van

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Posted (edited)

Very nice indeed! Some of the lads on here who enjoy punning might even call them the bomb! But I'm not going to jump on that wagon* .... (sorry, I'll get my coat and show myself out)

* edit: the punning band wagon that is, I'm definitely jumping aboard the H Van wagon 

Edited by Flying Snail
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

Posted (edited)

At long last! I stopped making the kit two plus years ago and had to chase people away with various cock and bull stories!

The prototype looks splendid, so well done to your Chinese toolmakers.

Regarding the @Flying Snail comment about "Bombs", this one won't bomb as they were very, very common for decades and every layout should have one - dozens in the case of @jhb171achill.

That said, it was, most mysteriously, my kit was a poor seller - just 130 or so - compared with 370 corrugated wagons and over 270 9and counting "Double Beets"!

Good luck with them lads - off now to decide which livery I want!

Interesting that you   chose "Hosanna" - all of the hymns in church today had "Alleluia" in the chorus .......

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Flying Snail said:

I meant 'they're the bomb' not that 'they'll bomb'. 

Don't worry @leslie10646, I hopped on board and ordered a few packs of the flying snails and broken wheels faster than Slim Pickens jumped on that H bomb in Dr. Strangelove

image.png.caaa2b6925e8804d0e4a9fd50b16d36a.png

No, I didn't say they would Bomb - obviously my bad English (second language!), they'll do very well.

As for Dr Strangelove, great film, I pray that you guys never see The Bomb ever used again.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Delighted with this announcement! The H Vans are my favourite of the Bulleid chassis vans. Will have to order a few to compliment @leslie10646’s Dapol vans and @Mayner’s wagons!

As a rough guide, are we saying Flying Snail until late fifties, grey with CIE Roundel for fifties and sixties, brown for sixties and seventies?

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Delighted with this announcement! The H Vans are my favourite of the Bulleid chassis vans. Will have to order a few to compliment @leslie10646’s Dapol vans and @Mayner’s wagons!

As a rough guide, are we saying Flying Snail until late fifties, grey with CIE Roundel for fifties and sixties, brown for sixties and seventies?

The roundel appeared in 1963. Immediately prior to that, stencilled snails.

Brown later, from 1970, so obviously brown always has roundels.

• Informative 1

Interesting IRM announcing the relatively rare uncommon-versions of the H Van like the cut down PW, Bulk Grain and Fitted Versions before announcing the 'common garden' unfitted version of which over 1000 existed, great faith in the market/collector appeal of these models.

I am impressed with IRMs modelling of the CIE fitted brake gear complete with riggings and pull rods, I just modelled a representation of the brake gear on the Brake Van being too challenging/expensive to produce from a manufacturing perspective.

• Like 5