IRM Fert 1st Sample!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

22 minutes ago, John-r said:

Stunning ,really looks the biz,. Will have to get the bundle deal for sure , or am I jumping the gun Fran. 😀

Well done lads 

You know us and a bundle deal John! Most certainly! 

Just now, Northman said:

Any idea what they will cost.?😨

Not yet but in and around liner prices! 

13 minutes ago, iarnrod said:

Will the fertiliser bag loads have printed bags as per the prototype or what's the plan for them? Actually have one of these bags lying around somehwere if you need it for detailing the load.

The bags will indeed be decorated. I think we have decoration for them sorted but will let you know if we need it, cheers!

1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

The bags will indeed be decorated. I think we have decoration for them sorted but will let you know if we need it, cheers!

The wagons look amazing! I'd say the bundle deal is going to be popular on these!

On the subject of the bags... The individual bags wouldn't really be visible on the loaded pallet, as they were wrapped in a protective polythene cover...   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

They're well out of my era but............. might have to get some! (And my guilty secret might be running them behind a J15.....!)

They'd got nicely behind an A, BnT not yet in Supertrain in 1974

or if I recall you have a BnT141 equally good

CIE B142 at Albert Quay.

8 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Warbonnet said:

The albatros yellow bagged fertilzer seems to have been bagged in clear pallet bags initially but a white cover with Albatross logo later on

New Ross , fertiliser loading Oct1977 img132

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 2
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, DiveController said:

The albatros yellow bagged fertilzer seems to have been bagged in clear pallet bags initially but a white cover with Albatross logo later on

New Ross , fertiliser loading Oct1977 img132

Missed my Copyright overlay off this one! However it got me thinking or maybe I'm just having a 'Senior' moment. Was this traffic originating from New Ross and manufactured by a different company i.e. not Irish Fertiliser?

Ernie

3 hours ago, richrua said:

Wow. What a great looking wagon. What's the maximum era for these ? I mean from when and to when did they run ?  

Think from around 1970 right up to 2002/3, open to correction. A good solid 30 years at least. 

22 minutes ago, Irishswissernie said:

Missed my Copyright overlay off this one! However it got me thinking or maybe I'm just having a 'Senior' moment. Was this traffic originating from New Ross and manufactured by a different company i.e. not Irish Fertiliser?

Ernie

It was " Albatross" fertilizer in New Ross Ernie - passed it every month on the way to my Grandad in Waterford in the back of my dad's bright orange Ford Avenger......yes it was the 70s.....yes the only thing louder was the geansai i was wearing....

• Informative 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Irishswissernie said:

Ernie

The Fertilizer mainly ran from IFI plant in Arklow to various parts of the country and on occasion from Albatross in New Ross ,Gouldings in Askeaton via Foynes and even from Goulding’s in Farranfore . 

Edited by flange lubricator
  • Informative 1

12 hours ago, popeye said:

Sooo beautiful WOW. =D

It will be nice to have the loads as well.

Do the doors open? 

Hi Pops,

We did look at opening doors but the mechanism on the real ones (they slid back into the partitions of the wagon when opened!) was just too complex and cost prohibitive to do in OO, so they are fixed.

5 hours ago, richrua said:

Wow. What a great looking wagon. What's the maximum era for these ? I mean from when and to when did they run ?  

They were introduced in 1974 and withdrawn in 2003 (hard to believe it's 16 years ago!)

1 hour ago, irishthump said:

Whoa! I'm not ordering any of these as I've blown this years hobby budget on container flats and A classes, but they're gorgeous!

I'm sure we will have stock of these in 2020 so you can get them with next years budget! :) 

43 minutes ago, mphoey said:

very well done they look right even if modifications need to be done re the loads I take it there removable and does every compartment come loaded so looking forward to these

Every compartment will come loaded, they could be removed but we would urge caution around that and not really recommend it!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Fran

• Like 2

Well, not bad - TWO Merchant Navies I've had runs behind, plus one a`waiting restoration (35010).

35023 gave me 94mph on the last Saturday of Southern steam, my second "ninety" with her.

A rake of four will be about the price of a single 35xxx loco! I can get rid of some Euros at Blackrock!