IRM A Class Now In Production! Here's why you should get your pre-orders in sooner than later...

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

6 hours ago, connollystn said:

@Warbonnet - Yesterday you said; Look out for more pics in the coming days... [sic] - is today not one of those days?

PS. Not being impatient or anything like that but I am in the twilight years of my life and I've little else to get up for.

I think Fran seems to be Class 37 busy today!😂

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

29 minutes ago, gm171 kk said:

Hate to ask this before the current models even arrive but... 

Will there be a possibility of the two A classes that ran preserved on the mainline being released in model form? (A3r and A39). 

a39.jpg

FB_IMG_1624393128014.jpg

I think that the IRM model of A39R is in her current preserved livery?

Although, yes, it would be lovely to see her in her nineties silver livery when IRM do a re-run!

😂

It’s a heavily disguised A class for a late 60s movie contract - Darling Lili - starring a very poorly J15, No 184, which could manage enough steam to make an impression but not move very much. The A was disguised to provide starting and stopping power. I understand it worked some service trains in this guise in between takes. 

Edited by Galteemore
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

What on Earth is that?

An a class is in there somewhere! tis on the film thread on this forum, Darling Lilli, pushed a steamer whilst under cover.

Page 34 of Barry Carse's Metro Vicks book has a colour picture of it

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Galteemore said:

It’s a heavily disguised A class for a late 60s movie contract - Darling Lili - starring a very poorly J15, No 184, which could manage enough steam to make an impression but not move very much. The A was disguised to provide starting and stopping power. I understand it worked some service trains in this guise in between takes. 

Think the loco was A16.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Even the far cab on this side of that photo was still in IR livery. It's a real pity it never ran in service like that. It would make a great model.

The amazing thing is that even after seeing that hideous paint scheme full size, the management ordered it for the 201s anyway. They would have looked a million times better in tippex.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1