IRM A Class; Our First Locomotive!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

7 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Amazing to see that our first loco project, the A Class, is over 20% sold out already! We are due a first tooling sample in mid September, and we think it will be evident at how special these beauties will be then!

As you can see below, it's going to be well worth the wait! :)

1598107843_Aclass2019-07-23.thumb.JPG.3b957392337ee70141605cbeaf05c8f6.JPG

Fcuking A! (pardon my French (connection)).

Looking over the CAD of the (later) A . Seriously beautiful thing!!

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Amazing to see that our first loco project, the A Class, is over 20% sold out already! We are due a first tooling sample in mid September, and we think it will be evident at how special these beauties will be then!

As you can see below, it's going to be well worth the wait! :)

1598107843_Aclass2019-07-23.thumb.JPG.3b957392337ee70141605cbeaf05c8f6.JPG

Youse boys will kill me yet…….

49446115_596389737449135_3985255997399629824_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, spudfan said:

Will the models featuring the Crossley diesel engines have an intermittent break down facility built in?

I believe some Chips can have this sort of fun programmed in and can be user activated. Personally I prefer the real world where it comes out of the blue... I guess the smoke unit should have an oil launcher cell as well... But brilliant work  and I look forward even if the wallet/ bank manager have doubts..

Robert 

33 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

I believe some Chips can have this sort of fun programmed in and can be user activated. Personally I prefer the real world where it comes out of the blue... I guess the smoke unit should have an oil launcher cell as well... But brilliant work  and I look forward even if the wallet/ bank manager have doubts..

Robert 

Actually, to get the true picture of these locos as they were when delivered you'll have to buy three.

One to break down halfway down the Gullet to Kingsbridge, one to fail on the train at the platform there and one to take the train out.

No kiddin' - I had the story from the late Ron Pocklington who was explaining why the Blessed Oliver took so little direct interest in the Turf Burner - he had to contend with this sort of thing regularly.

As we often say - "you couldn't make it up".

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
A Class Update!

878466755_ABarrowst..jpeg.95fb351d7225a6116abefbdbdb134cab.jpeg

Hi everyone,

We have been working hard on our A Class in the background in recent months in a quest to get it right. We can now confirm a delivery date of mid-October 2020. We apologise for this delay, but it is important to get the model right and produce the best A Class in OO gauge.

Thanks,
Fran (on behalf of IRM Team)
  • Like 8
  • Informative 1

Hi Fran et al, Yea no problem with the delay. MRSI show will be bursting with Irish locos. Thanks for the flow of information guys, really appreciate it, and it helps with planning. Will be worth the wait. Nice also to have a gap between it and the MM121 expenditure. Do you mind me enquiring what are the date plans for the Deltic and BR Class 37 (both of which I've pre-ordered)? Thanks. Noel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was hoping for lenz type feedback decoders on your ESU sound decoders?, ;)

anyway, theres plenty of time so, for me to finish the block occupancy, all the turnout motors and the rest of my track work,  I can wait as long as it takes for thats the story of my layout, with just two weeks off each winter to work on it, its all slow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Noel said:

Hi Fran et al, Yea no problem with the delay. MRSI show will be bursting with Irish locos. Thanks for the flow of information guys, really appreciate it, and it helps with planning. Will be worth the wait. Nice also to have a gap between it and the MM121 expenditure. Do you mind me enquiring what are the date plans for the Deltic and BR Class 37 (both of which I've pre-ordered)? Thanks. Noel

Hi Noel,

Deltic update here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/deltic-update-january-2020

Class 37 is un-impacted and on schedule (as are our other announced projects (and a great many unannounced ones!))

Many thanks!

As others have said  thanks for the candid update , and welcome to the Chinese industrial experience of the new year and factory delays !! A balancing act of being ignored by the factory or inviting an expediting voluntary fee  if you push for a given delivery date or being laid back and letting time take its course.  It is just great dealing with the culture.

Robert     

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

As others have said  thanks for the candid update , and welcome to the Chinese industrial experience of the new year and factory delays !! A balancing act of being ignored by the factory or inviting an expediting voluntary fee  if you push for a given delivery date or being laid back and letting time take its course.  It is just great dealing with the culture.

Robert     

I would not single out the Chinese for particular criticism all nations have their national holidays when everything stops, factories have production schedules, if you loose your slot you go to the back of the queue or you pay a fee to have your work expedited which happens everywhere.  

In my experience British suppliers/manufacturers are no better or worse than the Chineses, I regularly experience delays and quality assurance issues with kit components supplied by British manufacturers.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

I blame the Belgians. And the Maltese.

My first school was in Malta, I was asked for the name of it for use as a 'security answer', I told her that I couldn't remember, but it was in Latin, and so we settled on some related word to use instead.

Later, I realised that she thought I had made a rather feeble joke as an excuse for my forgetfulness, but it was actually true...

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

On 1/21/2020 at 10:59 AM, Warbonnet said:
A Class Update!

Hi everyone,

We have been working hard on our A Class in the background in recent months in a quest to get it right. We can now confirm a delivery date of mid-October 2020. We apologise for this delay, but it is important to get the model right and produce the best A Class in OO gauge.

Thanks,
Fran (on behalf of IRM Team)

Thanks for the useful update Fran...It gives me more time to concentrate on the 121s,

It will be well worth the wait :tumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1