Decorated IRM A Classes Arrive!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

6 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

This forum now has almost 1400 members, and IRM numbers some 1750 registered customers of our models - so it's clear the market is growing by being catered for and promoted!

Excellent!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BosKonay said:

This forum now has almost 1400 members, and IRM numbers some 1750 registered customers of our models - so it's clear the market is growing by being catered for and promoted!

That's probably a very accurate reflection of the size of the Irish model railway market in 2020. Not big by any means, but a lot bigger now than it used to be. Just look at the demand for sold out MM and IRM items on ebay these days for evidence of this.

When I see such evidence of the Irish market size, it makes me feel very thankful indeed for the brave decision by both MM, many years ago, and IRM, in more recent years, to supply this market with top of the range models.

With the models that have been released, that are due to be released imminently and that will be future realeases, we really are in the golden age of Irish railway modelling as Irish railway modellers have never had it so good.

Long may it continue.

Edited by iarnrod
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, iarnrod said:

That's probably a very accurate reflection of the size of the Irish model railway market in 2020. Not big by any means, but a lot bigger now than it used to be. Just look at the demand for sold out MM and IRM items on ebay these days for evidence of this.

When I see such evidence of the Irish market size, it makes me feel very thankful indeed for the brave decision by both MM, many years ago, and IRM, in more recent years, to supply this market with top of the range models.

With the models that have been released, that are due to be released imminently and that will be future realeases, we really are in the golden age of Irish railway modelling as Irish railway modellers have never had it so good.

Long may it continue.

Fair play Harold McMillan would be proud. It is a great era for the hobby and this generation. 

Rich,

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

we havnt had any news in a while but im wondering how long before we see the  full colour built samples appearing as must be in production soon. i know we seen preproduction painted samples but nothing since of final versions

Edited by mphoey
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, BosKonay said:

A complete update and delivery slot confirmation is coming for the A class project. As is complete details of the sound project. once the A’s are in stock the website will show the stock levels like all other products. 

Thank you for the info!

Why can't I click the like button on your posts?

Ha!

But they did about ten years ago, because I saw people like his posts way back then... That's a long time on the naughty seat.

A class twin-stripe / Tippex livery question.

On looking through various photos online, it would appear that all three variations, the Super Train twin-stripe, the IR twin-stripe and the IR twin-stripe with day-glo panels, were running in the early nineties.

Is this accurate?

Did each of these liveries run on a batch basis or a by-loco basis?

• Funny 1

8 minutes ago, gm171 kk said:

IRM has 017, 036, 048 and 054 planned for IR liveries. Does anyone know if any of these made it to 94/95 in real life? 

Brilliant question...

If anybody could give a withdrawl date or stopped date for the upcoming models of the A's (and 121's), that would be wonderful!

1 hour ago, Wexford70 said:

You need to be logged in I believe 

I'm logged in, and can click like for most posts, just not for BosKonay's.

017 date stopped 29 09 93  

027                          09 06 92

A46                         21 04 79

A23                         30 10 91

A30                         09 02 93

048                          24 05 94     

007                          14 10 90

A42                          09 10 92

056                          29 10 92

• Like 1
  • Informative 3

13 minutes ago, spudfan said:

017 date stopped 29 09 93  

027                          09 06 92

A46                         21 04 79

A23                         30 10 91

A30                         09 02 93

048                          24 05 94     

007                          14 10 90

A42                          09 10 92

056                          29 10 92

So 048 is a winner!

The list above is a bit random as it leaves out some of our IR livery locos but includes some running numbers which will wear older liveries. :)

The IR liveries are: 

017 - stopped 29.09.93
036 - stopped 19.12.94
048 - stopped 24.05.94
054 - stopped 28.07.93

Supertrain/IR hybrid:

007 - stopped 14.10.90
056 - stopped 29.10.92

• Like 1
  • Informative 3

1 hour ago, Garfield said:

The list above is a bit random as it leaves out some of our IR livery locos but includes some running numbers which will wear older liveries. :)

The IR liveries are: 

017 - stopped 29.09.93
036 - stopped 19.12.94
048 - stopped 24.05.94
054 - stopped 28.07.93

Supertrain/IR hybrid:

007 - stopped 14.10.90
056 - stopped 29.10.92

So all four IR models chosen by IRM ran very late indeed!

Excellent choices!

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the email from IRM and the frankness and openness is to be commended. For anyone who went through the pain and misery of the Hatton's Class 66 debacle this year they will be more than happy to see the time taken to get things right for a new model launch like this. IRM are also new to the game so probably still finding their feet with the complexities of a development like this. With the different 121s coming ashore in the months ahead we'll have more than enough to keep us busy as well as helping things on the finance side!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

A wise decision and one to be commended on,

Many thanks for you’re quick response  Fran,

it does give some welcome space between  the 121s and 001s and let the bank balance recover...and maybe another one or two 001 purchases in 2021. 

👍👍 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to dealing with the Chinese! It is a shame that artwork bedevils projects with errors both ways and do check that what was originally agreed is still the same  and do not just check amendments! I speak from bitter experience!! 

Good to know that frank and honest comms still available so thank you and as said it does allow for saving up. My biggest fear is loss of disposable income as post Cov19 job losses and slow/ zero economic growth will make sales tighter than a good feeling purchase now.  

Still keep to the grindstone as perfection is near to and as you correctly have said Holy grail projects are worth it. 

Robert    

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Welcome to dealing with the Chinese! It is a shame that artwork bedevils projects with errors both ways and do check that what was originally agreed is still the same  and do not just check amendments! I speak from bitter experience!! 

Good to know that frank and honest comms still available so thank you and as said it does allow for saving up. My biggest fear is loss of disposable income as post Cov19 job losses and slow/ zero economic growth will make sales tighter than a good feeling purchase now.  

Still keep to the grindstone as perfection is near to and as you correctly have said Holy grail projects are worth it. 

Robert    

Hi Robert,

In this case the issues lay at our door, not China. They've been exemplary to date.

Thanks to everyone for your support, means a lot!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6