Vote For Us in the BRM Awards!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi everyone,

The BRM awards are open for voting, and we are nominated in several categories, including OO wagon of the year, retailer of the year and manufacturer of the year! Murphy Models are also up for several awards, including OO gauge locomotive of the year for the 121! 

We would be delighted if you kept us in mind when casting your vote, which you can do so here : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScD0Vhi4x_IhbH6RBVWWs-euU31SLgOPyP9goq3oWZ5jIL6bA/viewform

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Informative 1

Not knocking the Ferts in any way, but had to vote for P42.

Such an awesome platform for Container Liners, Keg Liners, Spoil wagons, Weedspray train, Ferts, 3D printed Beets, and even Ammonia barrier wagons?

I think that the Sperry container sits on a 47' wagon, and we'll probably have to wait until next year to vote for P47...

Make sure the Road Liner trucks are listed under the "Innovations" category next year if the 21mm track isn't ready!

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

40 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Done !  IRM getting vote is several areas.   Hopefully 80 class in a few years will be on the list.  

They must be the best travelled railcar/DMU on the island. They must have gotten just about everywhere between being leased to IR and being used on specials.

I'd love a couple of em.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, murphaph said:

They must be the best travelled railcar/DMU on the island. They must have gotten just about everywhere between being leased to IR and being used on specials.

I'd love a couple of em.

Barry's and my next book will show one WAAAY off its beaten track, and on a most interesting working.............

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

15 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Hauling freight stock???

I am not sure about the 80 Class hauling freight but MPD and 70 Class railcars regularly hauled the overnight North Wall-Derry "Derry Vacuum" Irelands 1st Liner train during the 60s and 70s, in addition to hauling "perishable" and parcel traffic on the Larne line and p.w. duties.

The MPD cars (Multi Purpose Diesel) were intended to haul goods and parcel trains from the beginning and were somewhat ahead of their time with a high horsepower diesel engine and torque converter drive but struggled with reliability.

The railcars took over from a CIE loco at Lisburn and hauled the goods over the Antrim Branch and NCC main line to Derry.

Jonathan Allen captured  71 River Bush hauling the 20:55 Waterside-Lisburn "fitted" at Downhill on a summer evening in 1979 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152343870@N07/40139251611/in/album-72157717313152071/

• Like 2